Making Changes To The Family Unit
Family law cases are rarely easy to get through alone. But you don’t have to go it alone. My name is Tom Gurewitz. I provide a respectful and realistic approach and legal guidance to individuals and families in Waukegan and throughout Lake County. As your lawyer, I will be by your side from start to finish, making sure your rights and dignity are protected.
I assist people throughout Lake County, Illinois, with all types of family law matters, including:
- Divorce: There are a number of ways to approach the filing of a dissolution. I have the experience working with all types of couples and individuals. Some couples have a good idea of how they want to resolve the matter, while others need mediation. When neither of these options works, going to court may be the best choice.
- Cases involving children: I help individuals work out creative parenting plans during divorce or after a paternity decision. If you are adding a new child to your family, I will guide you through the adoption process.
- Support payments: Alimony and child support play a major role in the future lives of both parties. I can help you work out a support agreement that is fair to all involved.
- Military divorce: Dissolution actions that involve military couples have unique rules and regulations. I have the know-how and experience to ensure your divorce is handled correctly.
- Pet custody: Your pet is more than just personal property. Illinois law has recently enacted a pet custody statute, entitled ‘allocation of a companion animal in a dissolution of marriage case’, which allows for the court to weigh in on allocation if necessary. As your attorney, I will help you work out a realistic approach to resolving pet issues.
Realistic And Cost-Effective Legal Service
I approach any case I take on realistically. I believe that the only way my clients can make the right decisions for themselves and their children is to have a clear understanding of their options. This approach often results in a more efficient — and therefore cost-effective — resolution.