Making Changes To The Family Unit
Family law cases are rarely easy to get through alone. But you don’t have to go it alone. At my law firm, Thomas M. Gurewitz, Attorney At Law, I provide a respectful and realistic approach and legal guidance to individuals and families in Waukegan and throughout Lake County. As your lawyer, I will be by your side from start to finish, making sure your rights and dignity are protected.
I assist people throughout Lake County, Illinois, with all types of family law matters, including:
- Divorce: There are a number of ways to approach the filing of a dissolution. I have experience working with all types of couples and individuals. Some couples have a good idea of how they want to resolve the matter, while others need mediation. When neither of these options works, going to court may be the best choice.
- Cases involving children: I help individuals work out creative parenting plans during divorce or after a paternity decision. If you are adding a new child to your family, I will guide you through the adoption process.
- Support payments: Alimony and child support play a major role in the future lives of both parties. I can help you work out a support agreement that is fair to all involved.
- Military divorce: Dissolution actions that involve military couples have unique rules and regulations. I have the know-how and experience to ensure your divorce is handled correctly.
- Pet custody: Your pet is more than just personal property. Illinois law has recently enacted a pet custody statute, entitled ‘allocation of a companion animal in a dissolution of marriage case’, which allows for the court to weigh in on allocation if necessary. As your attorney, I will help you work out a realistic approach to resolving pet issues.
Realistic And Cost-Effective Legal Service
I approach any case I take on realistically. I believe that the only way my clients can make the right decisions for themselves and their children is to have a clear understanding of their options. This approach often results in a more efficient — and therefore cost-effective — resolution.